- The majority of sessions across the Trade Me universe are via a mobile device
- More sessions on Trade Me are now via our apps than via our main desktop site
As predicted last year, we've seen rampant growth in usage of Trade Me via mobile phones and tablets. In July 2014, for the first time ever, more sessions on Trade Me took place via our touch site and native apps than via our 'main' desktop site.
This follows on from the January 2014 milestone when more than half of all sessions to Trade Me's official pages and apps were via a mobile device.
We now have 17 mobile offerings to ensure we deliver our members a great mobile experience on whatever device they have in their hand.
Major mobile releases in F14 included:
- new iPhone app for Trade Me Jobs;
- overhauled iPhone and Android apps for Trade Me;
- mobile-responsive redesign of Holiday Houses;
- improved iPhone and iPad apps; and
- a new Windows 8 app for Trade Me Property.
We plan to continue investing heavily in mobile, both in terms of product and people.